Thursday 12 November 2015

A Simple Birthday Tradition

My husband loves cheesecake and each year, on his birthday, I make him some version of his favourite dessert. This year, it was cheesecake slice.

Strawberries, cream and one candle...instead of 44!

Donna Hay's recipe for this slice can be found here:

https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/sweets/slices/passionfruit-cheesecake-slice

Her recipe was easy to follow and the slice was creamy and moist, not too dry like some of the other baked cheesecakes I've attempted before. I reduced the sugar content and only used 1/3 cup of raw sugar instead of the 1/2 cup of caster sugar in the original recipe. I just blitzed the raw sugar in my Thermomix before blending with the cheeses. Instead of folding passionfruit pulp through the cheese mixture before baking, I simply topped the slice with strawberries from our garden and fresh cream before serving. 

A very simple recipe for continuing a special birthday tradition. There were leftovers too for prolonged indulgence!





No comments:

Post a Comment