Friday 10 June 2016

Beautiful Barks

I am drawn to trees. Tall trees that reach upwards to the clouds, that hold out their branches for nests, whose leaves fall like confetti on windy days, whose roots are deep and strong. I feel a quiet peace when I walk among them and under them and a humility when I crane my neck up to the dizzying heights of trees much older than I am. 

It was on a recent, meandering walk that I found myself focused on the beautiful barks wrapped around the trunks of trees that grow in our neighbourhood. Creamy, green, brown and silvery. Dull and shiny. Rough and smooth. Papery and crinkly and peeling and scratched. 

Let me show you what I found:









So much diversity! So much beauty! 

Have a lovely weekend. I hope you'll have time to spend  looking closely at a tree (or snoozing in the shade of one). Perhaps there'll be time to run your fingers over its bark and to think how you would describe it.

Meg




4 comments:

  1. That's funny I took a picture of bark on a tree this week...by the way I also made your sausage rolls on Friday for the kids and I and we LOVED them...they also took them to school the next day for school lunch and said they were amazing.....glad I printed out the recipe we will be making these again. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad they were yummy, Kathy! My husband often takes them for work lunch the next day too. Meg:)

      Delete
  2. Bark is so amazing and the variety of colours always amazes me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's such a diversity with bark ... colours and textures too!

      Delete